Wednesday, February 17, 2010

progress

As far as I can tell there's some progress. Speed is better, endurance is better. Recovery might not be as good as it should but it's simply due to lack of time to sleep. Usually I get up 4:45, let the dogs out than go on with the day. In the evening I tend to close activities around 21:00 so resting starts and lasts for barely 6 hours a day. Given the number of weekly trainings and the stress (the good kind:) it puts on the muscles I think there should be more of this. We'll see.

This week the 2nd complete cycle of 2+1 week training method started. Monday, with a nice good 8 km pace run and continued today with 8x400 m speed workout. Also, I started to pay much more attention to my stride as it was very much all over the place.
Now I try to keep my legs spinning as much as I can but I tend to run faster than my recovery pace on the treadmill. Also the "new" stride brings out some muscles and joints that were not pushed to their limits like this before. I do feel my calves much more and my achilles tends to firm up as well. I try to stretch as mush as I can to compensate and the rest days usually help getting over rid of the soreness.

The first hilly (still in the gym) workout is coming up. Today I tested how much is too much on the incline setting scale so I will not overdo the uphills. I like running up :)