Thursday, March 04, 2010

Over the top

It supposed to be the peak of the past few month. Run the most in a week, run the most in a day. Also, following my fastest ever 15 km, that came very very close to the dream pace with an average of 5.02 km.

Instead my body decided to peak in a different, less interesting, more painfull endevour. After last Tuesday's training I started to feel weeker. Recovery during the speed repears was not as it should and could have. By Thursday I had multiple source of pain, slught fever. This climaxed by Saturday with me spending the whole day in bed with 38-38.5 fever, caugh, running nose and headache.

To mt luck I did take it seriously and skipped even the Thursday morning workout. I started to feel better yet still weak by Sunday. The original plan was for me to stay home from work for a few days but I felt so good that I decided against this and went anyway.

Today I could even resume training with an easy, flat 4 km run. I had to redraw the plan I just layed out so I will spend this week recoveribg with two more easy runs of 6 and 15 km.

I'll start the real work on Monday with some pace run, than onto the 800 m repeats on Wed. Ome hill work on Fri and distance on Sun.

Hopefully this nasty cold will stay away and I actally will be able to attack 21 k in two weeks.